Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Up Periscope!

If you know what I mean, lol. I've wanted a lowrider like this since I was a little boy. If sparks don't fly you're too high, low and slow, all that!


This is a 1959 Impala, with a crazy pink pearl paint job, white interior, and gold rims. Pretty sick looking if you ask me. The front end is chromed, not painted, so the detail is really nice. But unfortunately the back end is painted, and that's why you don't see any shots of the teardrop brake lights, or tail fins from the rear. Hot Wheels just whacked a coat of sexy pink pearl paint over top of everything back there, giving it a kind of "bubbly" look. Not good.

Also I can't decide if I'm for or against the "Hot Wheels" decal on the rear covers.. Not sure it goes with the rest of the vibe this car is giving off. Maybe if it was more of a retro Hot Wheels logo, or just the words "Hot Wheels" in a cool retro font, but not the logo we see on all the other cars they make. This one is different guys. This isn't your "shark on wheels" or your "toilet" car. This is your "you girls need a ride? I'm headed that way" car, and I hope you all get the reference.

Okay I just decided, I'm against the "Hot Wheels" decal on the rear wheel covers. BUT, something I love is the checkered flags, that you might miss if you're not giving this car the attention it deserves, stenciled in the pin striping just behind the doors. Sweet!


All in all, a pretty good looking little car though. One of my favorites for sure.



1 comment:

  1. Great post, hope you don't mind me sharing it on Google +

    ReplyDelete